We know it is a big commitment – of your time, trust and resources – to register your student for a STAGES program. If after reviewing the following information you still have questions, contact us anytime!
Who Can Play at STAGES?
All programs are registered on a first-come, first-served basis. No prior stage experience is necessary, as we believe that all kids hold tremendous creative potential, and will benefit from our nurturing, kid-focused rehearsal environment. **Please note that all STAGES rehearsals/classes for all ages are closed, “drop-off” classes. There will be no parent/friend observation or participation in any class at any time. (all classes have final sharing presentations or fully-staged public performances for this purpose).**
Where do STAGES Programs take place?
All STAGES programs – unless otherwise explicitly noted – take place at STAGES Youth Theater, where our classrooms, offices, and 150-seat performance space are located; or in our online/virtual (zoom-enabled) classroom.
When do Programs take place/When is STAGES open?
With few exceptions, STAGES programs for school-aged students primarily take place during after school hours of 3-7PM, Mondays through Thursdays. Full and half day camp options are offered during February and April school vacation weeks, and for 8-10 weeks each summer. Performances of shows usually take place on some combination of Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Our administrative offices are open for phone and email contact, Mondays through Thursdays between 10:00AM and 3:00PM, or by appointment at other times. Please make note of the following times at which STAGES is closed, or programs are modified.
(STAGES is closed)
New Years Day
Martin Luther King Jr Day
Indigenous Peoples Day
The last two weeks of December
(STAGES is open, but no classes or performances are scheduled)
Passover (first night)
Ramadan (first night)
Hanukkah (first night)
What is the STAGES Cancellation/Refund Policy?
BOX OFFICE REFUNDS: Tickets to STAGES productions are non-refundable, even in the case of inclement weather.
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION CANCELLATIONS: Since resources are committed to staffing, show licensing/royalties, and materials well before a program takes place, all STAGES tuition deposits and installment payments for all STAGES programs are, generally speaking, non-refundable. To avoid disappointment later, please fully review the following policy details:
2021 CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY (updated August 10, 2021):
- SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAMS & SCHOOL YEAR CAMPS: You may cancel your program participation any time before the program begins, however, full refunds will be only in the form of an account credit to be used toward future programming at STAGES. Cash refunds will be offered only if STAGES fully cancels a program for any reason, including low enrollment.
- SUMMER 2021 PROGRAMS: You may cancel your program participation – and receive a full refund in the form of an account credit to be used toward future STAGES programming – if the cancellation takes place on or before May 1, 2021. Cash refunds will be offered only if STAGES cancels a program for any reason, including low enrollment. Summer 2022 policies will be posted later in 2021.
- ABOUT PANDEMIC-RELATED PROGRAM CHANGES in 2021: If COVID-19 pandemic-related reasons make it impossible for STAGES to continue in-person instruction, all programs are designed to move immediately and as seamlessly as possible to an online/virtual format.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK THAT YOU DO NOT REGISTER FOR A STAGES PROGRAM IF YOU/YOUR STUDENT ARE UNWILLING TO PARTICIPATE IN AN ONLINE FORMAT SHOULD THE NEED ARISE. There will be NO refunds for this program unless it is formally and fully cancelled (without in-person or online options) for any reason.
- LATE CANCELLATION REQUESTS: If you cancel your program participation after a program begins, it may be possible to receive a partial (pro-rated) refund in the form of an account credit to be used toward future programming at STAGES. These decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
To cancel your participation in a STAGES program and request your account credit refund, please contact us in writing.
Does STAGES offer Payment Installment Plans?
Absolutely! STAGES offers a very flexible payment installment plan, the details of which can be located here.
Does STAGES offer scholarships or discounts?
STAGES is working toward our goal of providing expanded access to our programs through a scholarship process. In the meantime, we welcome your messages and feedback about how we can make our programs more financially accessible for your family. Please contact us any time!
The following discounts are currently available for STAGES programs. Please note it may not be possible to self-register with these discounts. If you believe you are eligible for one/more of the following discounts, please email email@example.com for more information and assistance with your registration process:
Sibling Discount: 10% – when two or more siblings are registered for the same program, or for programs taking place in the same semester. Applicable to all registered siblings in the same program/semester. Available year-round.
Partner Discounts: STAGES offers 10% discounts to students enrolled at some of the schools at which we provide regular programming. Discounts are currently available for students enrolled at Breakwater School.
STAGES also offers a limited number of tuition-free virtual programs through our At-Home Adventures program. Those programs will be listed as they are scheduled.
How do I register for a STAGES program?
If you are paying in full or making a deposit with a bank card, STAGES offers secure, online registration for our classes and productions. Please use the “ENROLL/PLAY” option on our menu bar above, and browse the current program offerings, each of which includes a link to our online, secure, registration system.
Please contact STAGES by email or phone to register if:
- You believe you are eligible for a discount (sibling, school-specific, other)
- You are having trouble with our online registration system
- Your child is a few days from a prerequisite age cut-off
- You wish to create a payment plan that is not listed in the standard online options
- You wish to pay for your registration by check, money order, or cash
- …or if you have any other questions or concerns!
Contact STAGES any time:
PHONE: (207) 699-3330
Please Note: EMAIL is often the FASTEST way to reach STAGES.