We know it is a big commitment – of your time, trust and resources – to register your student for a STAGES program. If after reviewing the following information you still have questions, please let us know!
Who Can Play at STAGES?
All programs are registered on a first-come, first-served basis. No prior stage experience is necessary, as we believe that all kids hold tremendous creative potential, and will benefit from our nurturing, kid-focused rehearsal environment. **Please note that all STAGES rehearsals/classes for all ages are closed, “drop-off” classes. There will be no parent/friend observation or participation in any class at any time. (all classes have final sharing presentations or fully-staged public performances for this purpose).**
Where do STAGES Programs take place?
All STAGES programs – unless otherwise explicitly noted – take place at STAGES Youth Theater, where our classrooms, offices, and 150-seat performance space are located; or in our online/virtual (zoom-enabled) classroom.
What is the STAGES Cancellation/Refund Policy?
BOX OFFICE REFUNDS: Tickets to STAGES productions are non-refundable, even in the case of inclement weather.
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION CANCELLATIONS: Since resources are committed to staffing, show licensing/royalties, and materials well before a program takes place, all STAGES tuition deposits and installment payments for all STAGES programs are, generally speaking, non-refundable. To avoid disappointment later, please fully review the following policy details:
2020-21 CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY (updated July 20, 2020):
- For SUMMER 2020 PROGRAMS ONLY (summer refund policy updated May 8, 2020): In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the STAGES summer no-refund policy has been updated to allow full summer camp refunds in the form of account credits that can be used toward future programs, should families decide not to participate in programs for which they’ve already registered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- For NEW REGISTRATIONS TAKING PLACE AFTER JULY 20, 2020: You may cancel your program participation any time before the program begins, however, full refunds will be only in the form of an account credit to be used toward future programming at STAGES. Cash refunds will be made only if STAGES cancels a program for any reason, including low enrollment.
- PANDEMIC-RELATED PROGRAM CHANGES: If COVID-19 pandemic-related reasons make it impossible for STAGES to continue in-person instruction (for example, if a shelter-at-home order is issued again by the State of Maine or the City of Portland) all current programs have been designed to move immediately and seamlessly to an online/virtual format. Please do not register for a fall program if you are not willing to continue with a virtual option if that becomes the only way forward.
- LATE CANCELLATION REQUESTS: If you cancel your program participation after a program begins, it may be possible to receive a partial (pro-rated) refund in the form of an account credit to be used toward future programming at STAGES.
To cancel your participation in a STAGES program and request your account credit refund, please contact us in writing.
Does STAGES offer Payment Installment Plans?
Absolutely! STAGES offers a very flexible payment installment plan, the details of which can be located here.
Does STAGES offer scholarships or discounts?
The following discounts are currently available for STAGES programs. Please note it may not be possible to self-register with these discounts. If you believe you are eligible for one/more of the following discounts, please email email@example.com for more information and assistance with your registration process:
Sibling Discount: 10% – when two or more siblings are registered for the same program, or for programs taking place in the same semester. Applicable to all registered siblings in the same program/semester. Available year-round.
Partner Discounts: STAGES offers 10% discounts to students enrolled at some of the schools at which we provide regular programming. Discounts are currently available for students enrolled at Ocean House Child Development Center, and for students enrolled in the K-8 day program at Breakwater School.
As of April 2020, STAGES also now offers a limited number of FREE virtual classes each semester through our At-Home Adventures program.
How do I register for a STAGES program?
If you are paying in full or making a deposit with a bank card, STAGES offers secure, online registration for our classes and productions. Please use the “ENROLL/PLAY” option on our menu bar above, and browse the current program offerings, each of which includes a link to our online, secure, registration system.
Please contact STAGES by email or phone to register if:
- You believe you are eligible for a discount (sibling, school-specific, other)
- You are having trouble with our online registration system
- Your child is a few days from a prerequisite age cut-off
- You wish to create a payment plan that is not listed in the standard online options
- You wish to pay for your registration by check, money order, or cash
- …or if you have any other questions or concerns!
Contact STAGES any time:
PHONE: (207) 699-3330
Please Note: EMAIL is often the FASTEST way to reach STAGES.
“Theater/STAGES was a critical part of my children’s development. Educators talk of the importance of sports and ‘teamwork.’ My non-athletic kids learned that through theater. They both appreciate the importance of expression through the arts….they are better people for it!”
“Being able to think outside of the box and put yourself out there, especially as a child, teaches you how to be a confident, well-rounded person. I know I don’t know where I would be without youth theater.”