STAGES Youth Theater has worked to create a happier, more transparent, and more equitable environment for our team members over the past several seasons. We are proud of our open and deeply collaborative workplace culture and are commited to increasing diversity and inclusion in all of our activities – including the hiring of new teaching artists and staff members. We hope to hear from any interested candidates for open positions, and welcome your feedback at any time!
AFTER SCHOOL TEACHING ARTISTS
- Post-high school age 18+
- Demonstrated experience in and excitement about working with young people ages 8 to 11
- Prior experience in acting, performing, and/or theatrical design
- Reliable transportation (or access to reliable public/other transit options for travel throughout the Portland area)
- General availability between the hours of 3PM and 7PM on weekdays (though you do not need to be available every day in order to apply)!
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and willingness to comply with the pandemic health & safety policies of STAGES and all partner schools and organizations
- Excitement about helping young people unlock their creativity
- Professional approach to working with kids
- Strong sense of play
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic & collaborative team player
- Flexible/willing to go with the flow
- Problem solver
Does this sound like you? We’d love to meet you! Please send us a resume or list of your recent relevant work plus an answer to the prompt “Working with young people and the arts excites me because ____.” Your answer could be written (a story or cover letter), visually represented (a drawing, painting, graphic design, or video), musically represented…..we welcome your own personal self-expression in answer to this prompt!
STAGES Teaching Artists are hired throughout the school year each season. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Training will be provided. Compensation range for these positions is $18-$25/hr, depending on the scope of the program. Questions and/or application materials can be sent to Managing Director, Stacey Koloski at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no other positions for which we are currently hiring – but please check back again soon! If you have any questions about working at STAGES, please contact us!